Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Spring/Summer 2015 sewing plans

It's been quite cold here this winter and I'm looking forward to warmer days, so now with the weather slowly starting to improve I've been thinking about my Spring/Summer sewing plans.  I can't honestly say that I  "need" any new clothes as I have so many but at this point in time most of them are RTW and I really want to inject some me made items into the mix and retire some of the things that are looking tired.  I often have very good intentions when making my seasonal sewing plans but then I get distracted by the new and exciting things I see on all the wonderful and inspiring blogs out there and my well made plans go out the window.  Well not this time!  I fully intend to stick to my plans. There, now I've said it, so I guess I'll have to try extra hard to sew the things I've planned on making.

So, what are my plans you ask. 


Closet Case Files Carolyn Pajamas

Well, the first thing that made my list is pajamas.  I bought the pattern for the Carolyn Pajamas when it was first released but have not made them as yet and I'm actually pretty desperate for new summer pj's so there may be a couple of these. I might also bring the Tofino pants into the mix as well.  I've made them before and love them.


Named Clothing Geneva Raglan Tee

I need t-shirts for the transition and I'm really liking the versions of the Geneva Raglan Tee I've seen so this one is on my list.  I don't usually like a raglan but this is different from what you would typically see.  And as always there will be more Renfrews.  Another pattern I've had for some time but not made is the Plantain t-shirt which I want to try as well.


 
Sewaholic Granville Shirt

Everyone should own at least one button down shirt IMO and the Granville looks like the perfect one for me.  Designed for the pear shaped body it should sit well and I love the shaping in the back.  In the past I have been very wary of button downs as they can be a bit stiff depending on fabric choice and I think if I get the fabric right I will love this one.


The SBCC Cabernet Cardigan

Another pattern I've seen which looks good is the Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick Cabernet Cardigan.  It's kinda like a windcheater but more classy.  Something easy to wear that can be thrown in the washing machine.  That's definitely one for me.


Colette Patterns Hawthorn dress

Right now I'm really loving all the shirt dresses that are showing up in the shops and also in the sewing world.  I know the Hawthorn dress has been around for while and I think its a very cute little dress that will make a great basic for my lifestyle.


Deer and Doe Fumeterre skirt

Now, who doesn't need a maxi skirt in their wardrobe?  I know I do, and from the ones I've seen around the blogosphere Deer and Doe absolutely nailed it with this one.  I can't wait to make it.

One more item on my list is Vogue V2902 a dress I started very late last Summer (actually it was Autumn) and the weather turned cold very quickly so it got put aside to wait for warmer days.

Phew! That list just kept growing and that's not everything I'd like to make but lets try to keep it realistic here.  Am I up to the challenge?  Can I stick to the plan?  I hope so and I'm gonna give it a damn good try. 

What are your plans for the coming season?  Do you deviate from your plans or can you manage to complete them?







1 comment:

  1. One of everything, pretty please! :) Oh my word, these are some seriously lovely garments. I especially like the raglan sleeve top, the maxi skirt at the end, and the classic PJ's. I would live in all three of those garments.

    I hope that all goes well with your sewing and really look forward to seeing any all finished (or WIP) projects that you share here with us, uber talented lady.

    Tons of hugs & happy start of October wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments! Yay, I love comments...