Saturday, August 6, 2011

I think I'm going crazy...

Well, I've done it again.  You'd think I'd learn wouldn't you.   Zoe is hosting another challenge and I have taken the pledge.



I, Shelly of Shelly's D.I.Y. Style! , sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-Sept '11. I endeavour to wear at least one self made item each day for the duration of September 2011.

Now, I know that during June's me-made challenge I really struggled to wear one hand made item each day and was glad when it was over but I have to say the experience was one I benefited from immensely.  I learned about my sewing habits, what things I make, where the gaps in my wardrobe were and how I dress.  I also learned that it's not an easy thing to document, what with taking photo's every day and then posting them for everyone to see.  It becomes quite a chore!  However, I feel the knowledge gained about myself and my wardrobe is worth it especially the feeling of pride and satisfaction when I receive compliments about my self made clothes.  Sooo.... needless to say, I'm a sucker for punishment!  I've signed up again and look forward to this new challenge. 

What about you?  Are you up for the Challenge?

Vol 17 No 7 and  Vol 19 No 10 (current issue)
I bought the Stitches magazine yesterday.  Why is it when you purchase from the newsagent it comes packaged along with two previous issues?  I find this very annoying especially when the previous issues are quite recent.  If I'm buying the magazine surely I already have these issues 'Why would I want them again?'  Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine!  But in all reality why would I want them; wouldn't it make more sense to give away the older issues.  Anyway, getting back to things,  I'm hoping to find some inspiration for my Spring/Summer sewing.

Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I've joined up too! It was fun wasn't it, I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was fun even though I was over it by the end. See you there!

    ReplyDelete

Comments! Yay, I love comments...