Saturday, April 30, 2011

Alexander McQueen - Stunning!

Wow! Simply stunning!  Don't you think Kate Middleton's wedding dress was gorgeous?  It was so simple and yet elegant.  It is nice to see something a little different than the usual strapless dresses worn by today's brides.  So chic and on trend.  'Lovely.'






Her Dress was designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.  The dress is made of Satin Gazar with a French Chantilly lace overlay on the bodice and around the lower edge of the full skirt and train. The train was 2.7 meters long.  It is buttoned down the back with a small peplum from the back waist.  Simply beautiful!


The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge




 As we can see the dress was inspired by the one worn in 1956 by Grace Kelly the Princess of Monaco.



What did you think of Pippa's dress?  I think it's beautiful but she almost stole the show.

My feeling is that Princess Kate, The Duchess of Cambridge has set a new trend in wedding attire.  Don't you?


2 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree with you, strapless dresses are a wee bit tacky for a bride...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I love both dresses. I recorded the wedding. I have not had a chance to watch it yet. Looking forward to watching so can see all the beautiful cloths.

    ReplyDelete

Comments! Yay, I love comments...