Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Thinking about it...

I've realized in the past week how our clothing needs change with different lifestyles.  While trying to select handmade outfits to wear for May I find that my clothes are no longer appropriate for my new lifestyle.  Instead of working in an environment where I wore relaxed business wear I now wear a uniform to work which leaves me with very few causal clothes.  A situation which needs to be given some thought over the next few weeks.  Mmmm... what do I need?

Here's a recap of my last few days wearing handmade things.

Day 5
I missed the fun on Flickr taking a photo incorporating food/eating/cooking yesterday so thought I would catch up today.  This is yet another top from Kwik Sew 3617 but I think it's time to move on as everything is starting to look the same.

Details:
Top; Top; Kwik Sew 3617 details and my review of this pattern here
Cardigan; Target
Skirt; Cannabrava bought from Unik
Tights; Bonds
Boots; Target

Day 7
I was making this top for my DIL's 30th birthday back in September but unfortunately I ran into a fit issue and it wasn't finished in time.  I have worn it several times since but haven't blogged about it.  The fabric is some I've had for years and every time I saw it in my stash I thought to myself  "I can't imagine why I bought this" but it seemed so perfect for this top.  I have no idea what the fabric is but I can say that it doesn't need ironing.  It's quite a thick woven fabric and has the feel of microfibre or something similar and it was a dream to sew.  You can't really tell the colour from this photo but it's black white and coffee.  There's also a black ribbon belt that goes with it but somehow didn't seem appropriate for casual wear.

Details:
Top; New Look 6808 - not blogged
Jeans; Target, had for several years

Day 8
OMG!! Obviously having a bad hair day, something I didn't realize until I uploaded this photo but meh... we all have them, don't we?  I wish I had known how bad it looked before I went to an appointment this morning 'cos I would've tied it up to save embarrassing myself. 

Details:
Top; Kwik Sew 3338
Cami; Target
Jeans; Sussan, had for several years
Thongs; Havaianas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments! Yay, I love comments...